Monday, January 21, 2008

Turn and take up your journey.


I am currently reading Joyce Meyer's Battlefield of the Mind. On page 35 she talks about the Israelites were with Moses in Horeb and God told them " You have stayed long enough on this mountain, turn and take up your journey and go to the hill country of the Amorites...Behold I have set the land before you; go in and take possession of the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give to them and their descendents after them"- Deuteronomy 1:6-8
Previously it was pointed out that it was only an eleven day journey from the border of Canaan yet it had taken them 40 years. 40 YEARS!!!
Joyce asks, "Have you dwelt long enough on the same mountain? Have you spent forty years trying to make an eleven day trip?"
Well my answer is yes. How about you? Today I decided I had been at the same mountain long enough. I am searching more for the truth of God and living a life of victory. I will not quit and give up until my journey is complete. Won't you come?

No comments: